Sunday, February 25, 2007

Tacky Turtle Restaurant - Indian Rocks Beach

The Tacky Turtle on Indian Rocks Beach is gone!
We were over at the beach a few weeks ago, and thought we'd pop in for a Cuban.
The new proprietor said the Tacky Turtle had been gone for a long time - at least three months.
Three months must be a long time in Florida.
We were so disappointed.
It's now the Kooky Coconut.
The decor is all new, and the outside is painted to look like bamboo.
There wasn't a very good selection of ice cream - some of the tubs were sitting empty.
I hope the new guy makes it, but I don't think I'll be making a special trip over.
At least I have my photos of the place, and the ones I had in my last exhibit were a big hit.
I wish I'd bought a t-shirt last year, or a hat. Did they have hats?

Update: June 11, 2008 The site for the Tacky Turtle is also gone.

No comments: