Monday, October 06, 2008

Why Aren't They Interested?

I'm the only person I know who blogs. I don't know if has something to do with my age, or if it's just the people I know. It's so discouraging. When I mention to my friends that I have a blog, they look at me like I must be either crazy, or I have way too much time on my hands. Several friends want nothing to do with computers; they never touch one. Their husbands do the family banking online. If something happened to them, their wives wouldn't have a clue on how to access their bank accounts. Not good, if they've gone paperless, and get their statements online.
Some will do email, but little else. Most of them are wary of anything 'online'. There's still that underlying feeling that the Internet is evil.
I tell them that computers have become household appliances, and that they'd better learn a few things about computers because their kids aren't going to do it for them.
I haven't been able to convince them that computers are pretty fantastic.
I can't figure out why they have such little interest.

No comments: